North Central Alabama along the banks of the Tennessee River, 75 miles north of Birmingham, 116 miles south of Nashville, 25 miles west of Huntsville and 200 miles southeast of Memphis. The State Docks are located on mile 301.4 of the Wheeler Reservoir.
Area & Topography
Fully-served 56.38 acre site Land cost per acre: $30,000 & up (includes all utilities) Level to gently rolling slopes. The land ranges from 560 to 620 ft. above sea level.
- Highway: US 72-A - Four Lane, on site (E/W); US 31 - Four Lane, 5 miles from site (N/S); Interstate 65 - 8 miles from site (N/S)
- Railroad: Norfolk Southern Water: Access to the Tennessee River. Public barge terminal is located 1/4-mile from park
- Air: Commercial Service: Huntsville/Madison County International Airport (20 miles)
- General Aviation: Pryor Field (10 miles)
- Electric: Electric: Joe Wheeler Electrical Co-op, TVA
- Water: Decatur Utilities - 8-inch main on site
- Gas: Decatur Utilities - 8-inch main on site
- Wastewater: Decatur Utilities - 12-inch main on site
- Prudent American Technologies Inc.
- Well Safe, Inc.
- Corporate Warehouse Services
- Bearing Service Co.
- Carry Companies
- The Letco Companies
- Penske Truck Leasing
- Micor Industries
- JMS Metal Services
- Rexel Southern
- Daikin America
- Sunbelt Rentals
- 3M Company
- Cemex and Cronimet at State Docks Port